Children ages 6-9, (Grades 1-3) captures young children’s curiosity and directs it towards discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be exploded through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, teams use LEGO bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Children get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Begin developing teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in expos and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by FLL Jr. Core Values
Meeting dates: January 10,17,24,31; February 7,14,21,28; March 6,13;
4:15-5:15 or 5:30-6:30
Session 2 is limited to only 60 participants (6 youth per team)—There will be 10 meetings, plus the exposition. Date and location to be determined, most likely a Sylvania High school, March 14th. We will need one parent coach for each of the 10 teams.