What is FIRST Lego League Jr?
Children ages 6-9, (Grades 1-3) captures young children’s curiosity and directs it towards discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concepts to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, teams use LEGO bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Begin developing teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in expos and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by FLL Jr. Core Values
Meeting dates: February 4,11,18,25th; March 4,11,18,25; April 8,15.
Meeting times: 4:00-5:00 or 5:30 –6:30 or 6:45 - 7:45
Limited to only 4 teams per time slot (6 youth per team)—There will be 10 meetings, plus the exposition on April 23rd. Expo site to be determined. Most likely a Sylvania high school. We will need one parent coach for each of the teams. Participant sign up will be a first come first serve process.
Sylvania STEM Center's FIRST LEGO League Explore 1st-3rd Grade Session 2
After purchase a link will be provided. Use that link to request a meeting time and to provide the participants information.