What is FIRST Lego League Jr?
Children ages 6-9, (Grades 1-3) captures young children’s curiosity and directs it towards discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concepts to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, teams use LEGO bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Begin developing teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in expos and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by FLL Jr. Core Values
Meeting dates: September 24th; October 1,8,15,22,29; November 5,12,19; December 3.
Meeting times: 4:00-5:00 or 5:30 –6:30 or 6:45 - 7:45
Session 1 is limited to only 4 teams per time slot (6 youth per team)—There will be 10 meetings, plus the exposition at Sylvania Southview December 11th. We will need one parent coach for each of the teams. Participant sign up will be a first come first serve process.